Founded in 2004, Abilita, Inc., is an independent telecom consulting firm with offices throughout the U.S. and Canada. Abilita offers full-service, communications technology consulting, helping clients achieve greater cost efficiencies and improved performance across all of their business communications applications. For some clients, it is about telecom cost reduction, while others appreciate not only the improved visibility, control, and staff efficiencies from global expense management solutions and transitioning their network from analog to digital, upgraded network security, mobility, cloud migration, and other current technologies.
With locations across North America, Abilita offers the national scope necessary to service the needs of large and diverse corporations while maintaining the highest standards of local service and support for clients of all sizes.
Independent and objective, Abilita represents you. Our experienced consultants are trained to identify the proper fit of telecom services for your business. Our recommendations are customized to suit your specific business goals and requirements.
At Abilita our people make all the difference. Each consultant is a professional, sensitive to the unique needs of each client. When the need arises, we can readily assemble a team of appropriate experts from our offices to assist with any special project demands.
We don't just make recommendations; we continue through with the implementation until the job is successfully completed. Then we perform a post implementation review to quantitatively confirm that the client's objectives were fulfilled.
Since its founding in 1976, the members of the SCTC are required to be independent and are restricted under the SCTC Code of Ethics from selling any product or service other than independent services. Every consultant member must sign annually renewing and reinforcing their independence and ethics by signing the Code of Ethics as follows:
- Every member has the professional responsibility of fair dealing towards the member's clients, past and present, fellow members, and the general public.
- Every member has the professional responsibility of adhering to generally accepted standards of accuracy, truth and good taste at all times.
- No member shall represent conflicting or competing interests, nor shall be placed in a position where the member's interest is, or may be in conflict with duty to the client.
- Each member shall safeguard the confidences of both present and former clients, and shall not accept retainers which may involve the disclosure or use of these confidences to the disadvantage or prejudice of such clients.
- No member shall intentionally disseminate false or misleading information, and each member is obligated to use as much care as is humanly possible to avoid dissemination of false or misleading information.
- No member shall intentionally injure the professional reputation or practice of another member. However, if a member has evidence that another member has been guilty of unethical, illegal or unfair practices, including practices in violation of this Code, the member is obligated to present the information to the proper authorities of the Society for action in accordance with the procedure set forth in the bylaws.
- No member shall accept fees, commissions, or any other valuable consideration in connection with those services from anyone other than the member's client.
- Each member shall, prior to the commencement of the services to be performed, make the client fully aware of the fee structure, and all associated costs.
- It is imperative that no member should be in conflict by retaining an ownership or partnership interest in, or be an employee of, any company selling or leasing telecommunications products or transmission services.
- A member shall, as soon as possible, sever the relationship with any organization when the member knows or should know that continuing the relationship would require the member to conduct himself contrary to the good conduct principles of this Code.